Overview of Tour
Moderately adventurous and relaxing, the 15km Kiulu river offers thrill seekers Grade 1 & 2 water rapids, where rapids are relatively calmer and easier to navigate. A captain will be on your raft at all times giving instructions like “paddle forward” and “paddle backwards” to build momentum. Glide with the rapid flow and go through the rapids in a bumpy ride depending on the class of the rapid there. A lot of arm strength will be needed, where everyone counts for the full effect. Its great fun for the adventurous family. You can also enjoy the natural surroundings during those scenic floats in between the action.
Thinking about jumping off the raft to just glide on the smooth flow of the river? Go right ahead! Body rafting is part of the fun. Your water rafting captain will give a heads up at certain points of the river that is more suitable to body raft.
- You can skip your morning coffee on this one, starting your day off with White Water Rafting will get your adrenaline pumping, far more than a few cups of coffee, that’s for sure!
- You will be greeted at your Kota Kinabalu City Hotel Lobby by our charming guides, and then whisked away through a scenic 1 ½ hour drive through spectacular country-side vistas laced with villages and lush paddy fields.
- Upon arrival, you will be briefed through on safety measures and the various rapids by the River Guide. Proceed to collect your rafting gear. Helmets, check! Paddles, check! Life-jackets, double check!
- Time to brave the 9 Kilometer slippery slopes of the Kiulu River! The rafting activity takes about 1hr 30mins depending on rapids and river condition. Paddle on through bumpy river-beds and be literally drenched in adrenaline and excitement as you reach the ending point. Don’t miss amazing sights of the tropical rainforest while you’re cruising through The Wall Rapid and Holy Smoke Rapid. You can even Body Raft if you’re keen on something more vigorous!
- Upon arrival to the ending point, throw some dry clothing on and feast on a sumptuous lunch by the Kiulu River before heading back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
View of Scenic Countryside Vista
About 1hr 30mins of Rafting Activity (depending on rapids)
Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Option 1 (Morning) (Recommended)
Option 2 (Noon)
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
About The Location
Kiulu River is located on the northwestern part of Sabah, in a small town called Kiulu in Tamparuli District. Kiulu River is classified as Class I – II River. It is safe enough for children and gentle enough for the elderly.
- Meals: 01 Lunch (9am Departure) Or 01 High Tea (1pm Departure)
Rafters – Hotel Pickup & Drop Off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Meals As Stated, English Speaking Guide, Rafting Equipment, Life Jacket, River Guide And Insurance.
Non-Rafters – Hotel Pickup & Drop Off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Meals As Stated And English Speaking Guide
- Exclude: Tipping (Optional), Alcoholic Drinks, Personal Travel Insurance And Any Items Not Mentioned
- Swimming Attire For Inner Wear
- T-Shirts And Shorts
- Quick-Dry Shirt
- Sandals With Straps
- For Those Wearing Spectacles / Sunglasses, We Recommend You To Wear With A Strap.
Things You Should Bring
- Sun Lotion
- Dry Bags / Plastic Bags ( Highly Recommended)
- Waterproof Phone Case (If You Wish To Bring Your Phone On The Raft)
- Additional Set Of Clothing To Change
- Personal Toiletries
- Insect Repellent
Things You Should Know
- Participants Must Be Physically Fit.
- Participants Must Be In The Age Of 5 Years Old To 65 Years Old.
- Child Below 12 Years Old Must Be Accompanied By Parent Or Guardian.
- Please Inform When Making Booking If There Is A Special Diet Required E.G. Vegetarian.
- All Participants Are Required To Sign A Liability Release Form.
- We Strongly Recommend You To Take The Morning Departure For This Tour Due To Weather Conditions Such As Light Rain In The Late Afternoon.
- You Will Hop Onto Our Vehicle Together With All The Rafters To Be Transferred To The Tour Destination. As You Will Not Be Taking Part In The Water Rafting Activity, You Are Free To Explore The Villagers Or Suspension Bridge Around The Kiulu Area. Lunch Will Be Included For You.