Overview of Tour
From rice-wine making to blow-pipe shooting to fire-starting, soak up some culture and sharpen those survival skills at the Mari-Mari Cultural Village. Experience Sabah, as it was.. as it is, the cultural village is engaging and educational for those who wish to get a glimpse of Sabah way back when we still lived in long-houses and practiced pagan rituals.
Meet at hotel lobby.
Proceed to Mari Mari Cultural Village, located 25 minutes away from the city. The journey will take you to long roads surrounded by a rich spectrum of greenery and overarched by wild blue skies. Upon arrival at the entrance of the village, teleport back to the times of ancient Borneo through the magical display of unique ingenious architecture, simulated lives and ritualistic ceremonies.
You will be ushered in to the warmth of different homes of the ethnicities of Sabah to get acquainted with each village tribe and experience their rich culture. Each home was built by descendants of the tribes they represent and offer you a truly genuine experience seeing everything in and around the village.
Check out the little demonstration huts in the village where daily routines of traditional Sabahan life come alive. Grab the chance to see blowpipe-making demonstration, fire-starting demonstration using bamboo, tattoo-making demonstration, and get an in-depth look at the mystical symbolisms behind them.
You will get a chance to witness the demonstration of cutting tree harks into making a vest and a chance to dance and jump for “prize” on a built-in Lansaran, a traditional trampoline-like floor. Also get a chance to sample Sabahan traditional delicacies from each ethnic group such as the Montoku (rice wine) and witness bamboo cooking. Have fun and enjoy the cultural show performance by the tribes before proceeding for a delectable traditional meal.
Visit Mari Mari Cultural Village
Experience Different Ethnic Groups of Sabah
Food & Wine Tasting
Hotel Pickup/Drop Off
Option 1 (Morning) (Recommended)
Option 2 (Noon)
Option 3 (Evening)
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
About The Location
Mari Mari Cultural Village is located deep in the countryside about 25 minutes away from the modern and developing Kota Kinabalu city. The village operates as a museum that preserves Borneo ethnic culture. It aims to share the knowledge, history, culture, and tradition of Borneo with you so that it is not forgotten.
- Meals: 01 Lunch Or 01 High Tea Or 01 Dinner
- Include: Hotel Pickup & Drop Off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach),Meals As Stated And English Speaking Guide
- Exclude: Personal Travel Insurance, Tipping (Optional), Any Items Not Mentioned
- Comfortable Walking Shoes/Sandals
- Short Pants / Medium Length
- Sun Hat (Afternoon Session)
- Comfortable Shirt
Things You Should Bring
- Sun Lotion (Afternoon Session)
- Insect Repellent
- Day Pack
Things You Should Know
- Meals included is either Lunch, High Tea or Dinner. Depending on your selected tour departure time.
- Departure time varies from different Hotel Locations. Please reconfirm with our Sales Executives.
- Arrival/Departure time & journey duration stated within the itinerary are approximate and subject to road traffic conditions.
- Pelancongan Taikar Reserves the right to alter routes, timetables and itineraries reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.