Overview of Tour
The Lok Kawi Wildlife Park is run by Sabah Wildlife Department under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Environment. The park covers about 280 acres of land which includes the Botanical Site managed by Sabah Forestry Department and the Zoological Site. This family-oriented park features exotic and endangered species such as the Sumatran rhinoceros, the Proboscis monkeys, the Malayan tigers, the Orang Utan, the Borneo Pygmy elephants and colourful hornbill birds. On the Botanical side, visitors can walk the 1.4 km trail that leads to the Herbal and Ginger Garden to catch a glimpse of the ever famous pitcher plant (nepenthes sp) and an opportunity to examine some rare plant species up close. Some dipterocarp trees can also be found in this area.
- Pick up from hotel lobby in the morning and depart for your tour to Lok Kawi Zoo. En route, visit Dongonggon town to mingle with the locals at the market.
- Depart Dongonggon market and continue your transfer to the Zoo. Explore the Zoo together with your guide. The visit will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Proceed to a local restaurant for your lunch before heading back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
- Animal Show (Twice daily) – Time : 1100hrs & 1500hrs (no show on Friday, school & public holidays)
- Elephant Ride (Twice a day but only available on weekends, school and public holidays) – Time: 1000hrs & 1400hrs
- Animal Feeding Sessions (am to pm – scheduled) – get map from ticket counter.
- Tram Service – Option to hop on the train ride (pay extra MYR 2 per person) to tour the wildlife park ground (for guest who doesn’t like walking) time: 1000hrs, 1100hrs, 1400hrs & 1500hrs.
Pick Up Time:
Drop Off Time:
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Meals: 01 Lunch
- Include: Meals as Stated, Entrance Fees, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), and English Speaking Guide
- Exclude: Alcoholic Drinks, Personal Travel Insurance and Any Items Not Mentioned
Things You Should Bring
- Sun hat
- Sunblock lotion
- Comfortable walking shoe
- Raincoat or umbrella
Things You Should Know
- Lokawi Wildlife Park is open 7 days weekly (0930hrs – 1700hrs)