Overview of Tour :
Shimmy through the sights, sounds and leafy streetscapes of Kota Kinabalu City. Architectural heritage, Buildings that withstand the WW2 and a view point of the whole city in all its unassuming charm, you might want to get your cameras ready for this one.
- Our guides will greet you at your hotel lobby upon pick up, and on you go for a day in the sunny state capital. First up, some architectural splendor! the Sabah State Mosque, majestic with its gold inlaid onion dome. Get those shutters snapping as it is the largest dome of its type in Malaysia.
- Next stop, the Goddess of mercy and compassion, “Kuan Yin”, stands tall at The Puh Toh Tze Buddhist temple, located off Tuaran Road. Built in 1980, the temple stands out with its traditional Chinese roofing and structure. Ten large statues of deities adorn the temple with the Goddess of Mercy, Kuan Yin, standing tall at the main entrance of the temple.
- Up next, behold the tallest architectural marvel in Kota Kinabalu, The Yayasan Tower standing 122 meters high, also officially known as Menara Tun Mustapha (Sabah Foundation Building). Built in 1977, this 30-storey circular glass sculpture boasts a unique edifice utilizes a single column structure that is one of the very few in the world.
- Immerse yourself in some culture at the Sabah Museum. Dive deep into the history that shaped Sabah into what it is today. A heritage Village on the museum grounds grants u passage into the different types of traditional houses of various indigenous groups that brings color and richness to Sabah.
- Along the way, a quick pass-by through Kampung Likas and the Likas Wetland, which is a natural bird sanctuary. Winding roads will usher you to Signal Hill where you be greeted with a beautiful birds eye view of the city skyline and nearby islands before arriving at the buzzing Filipino market! Get your knick knacks and travel souvenirs here, also some fishy favorites such as dried seafoods.
Visit Second Tallest Building in Sabah – Tun Mustapha
Visit Sabah Museum
Photo stop at Sabah State Mosque & Chinese Temple
Beautiful Panoramic view from Signal Hill
Filipino Handicraft Market
Escorted Tour by Professional Local Guides
Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Pick Up Time:
Drop Off Time:
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
About The Location
After much name-changes, from Deasoka (below coconut tree), Singgah Mata (pleasing to the eye) and Api-Api (fire), the locals finally settled with crowning this coastal town, Kota Kinabalu.
Tied to the coast overlooking the South China Sea, Kota Kinabalu is a city of color and vibrancy. It exudes character with warm smiles, lush greenery and stunning sundowns along its sandy shores. Being a coastal town, most visitors can experience the best of both worlds, from sea to sky with plentiful of things to do in between.
- Meals: NIL
- Include: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), English Speaking Guide, Entrance Fees
- Exclude: Personal Travel Insurance, Tipping (Optional), Beverages, Any Items Not Mentioned
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Comfortable Shorts/Pants
Things You Should Bring
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Hat / Cap
Things You Should Know
- The Museum is closed on every Fridays.
- The above itinerary will be subject to slight changes to accommodate the traffic conditions. Should a place of interest be closed, or inaccessible by coach, we will have it replaced to another destination at the sole discretion of our Amazing Borneo’s professional tour guides.
- We will of course ensure guests’ safety to be our top priority and to make your tour a comfortable and enjoyable one.