Overview of Tour
Have some fun in the sun on a pontoon located in between Sapi and Gaya Island. Stay dry from the neck up while you Sea-walk among marine-life, snorkel, scuba dive, kayak the pristine waters. Includes all hotel & boat transfers, BBQ lunch, and a tour guide.
Kota Kinabalu / TARP Island
- 0830hrs: Rise and shine! Your pick-up is at 0830hours from your hotel lobby to the jetty where you will be whisked on a speed boat to the Borneo Reef World, the largest reef activity pontoon in South East Asia, located in between Sapi and Gaya Island.
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted by delightful Pontoon Stewardesses followed by some light refreshments. Explore the double-deck reef pontoon and absorb the tranquil environment.
- Snorkeling: For those who eager to visit the corals and critters of the underwater world, suit up and jump right into the cool blue waters for a snorkel!
- Sea Walking: Stay dry from the neck up while you Sea-walk on the Sea-walking platform, mingle with the underwater critters and go up close with the beautiful coral life.
- Kayaking : Admire the tropical blues head above waters on a kayak! Paddle the crystal clear waters and enjoy sometime in the sun.
- For those who prefer to stay dry, fret not, there is always something for someone. Tour the unique Underwater Observatory to catch a glimpse of what breathes beauty into the underwater world, vibrant corals and fishes galore!
- For a more relaxing option, bask in the golden rays of sun on the beach or pontoon with a scenic view of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park Islands laid bare infront of you.
- Meals: All the fun and relaxation will work up and appetite. The meals provided include a sumptuous buffet luncheon of fresh seafood, hot dishes, fruits and refreshments. After lunch, After lunch, cruise on over to Sapi Island for a stretch on golden shores, bask in the sunshine to earn that suntan or explore the short forest trail on your own. If you haven’t got enough of the life in the deep blue sea, snorkel from the shores to say hello to the colorful parade of fishes that reign the underwater world.
- On your return journey to Kota Kinabalu, let us take you on a romantic scenic cruise through Sabah Islands to end your perfect unforgettable day with sun, sea, corals and marine life. It is a day to truly lift your spirits and take you into a realm of nature’s finest beauty.
Underwater Observatory Aquarium
Fresh Water Shower Facility
Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Pick Up Time: Between 0830 – 0845 hrs
Drop Off Time: 1530 hrs
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
Borneo Reef World
20 minutes from the coast of KK City, a Poontoon sits on the South China Sea winkling at the brilliant sun.. The Borneo Reef World is anchored between between Sapi and Gaya Island, and one shall not under-estimate the fun and mayhem that goes on, around and sometimes, under the Pontoon!
Want to make the most out of your precious vacation time? Take a walk on the wild side, go Sea-walking! No diving experience required, immerse yourself in an underwater realm of incredible aquatic life swimming around you.. and still remain dry from the neck up! It’s a new way to enjoy your tropical holiday, some fun time down under! Face your fears and take the plunge into the blue, no skills no prior experience needed.. just a 25kg helmet and a fever of anticipation! Take a 15 minute stroll to experience the wonders that lace the Southern Sea.. marvel at marine plants, stunning corals to swoon over, tropical fishes that will render your speechless.
Why Sea Walking?
Mom, dad, the little ones, and even grand-pa can join in on the fun! Its great fun for the whole family. Anyone from the age of 10 years and up are eligible and a maximum of six can all dive in together. And ladies…. Don’t worry about your make-up running as you will remain dry from the neck up the whole time! Besides being a whole lot of fun, it is also educational. Everyone can now learn and experience the depths of underwater life.. the mystery that surrounds it and the critters that makes it so vibrant.
It is the ideal underwater sport for:
Anyone who cannot swim at all, or is afraid of snorkeling and diving has no problem walking under the sea. In fact, many who have tried sea walking overcome the fear of water and move on to more skillful diving.
A few steps down a yellow marked door transports you to another world, the underwater world in all its whimsy and charm. The Under Water Observatory grants you a peek into the daily life of schools of fishes swimming about, in and out of the flamboyant corals that call the Borneo Reef World their home.
For those eager to visit the corals and critters of the underwater world, suit up and jump right into the cool blue waters! Snorkel gear will be provided.
Get on a kayak and paddle the cool blues! If you prefer to admire the simplistic beauty head above waters and one with the breeze, kayaks are available on the pontoon. Go Explore!
Take it easy with a private massage session on the upper deck of the pontoon. Semi-private massage beds overlooking the South China Sea offers a visitors a chance to lay back and just relax.
- Meals: 01 Lunch, Coffee/Tea and Snacks, Drinking Water
- Inclusion: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), 2-Way Boat Transfer, Meals as Stated, Snorkeling Equipment (Snorkel Mask, Fin, Life Jacket), Complimentary Sea Walking with Helmet, Sabah Park Entrance Fees (Malaysian MYR 3, International MYR 10)
- Exclusion: Water Sports Expenses, Personal Expenses, Personal Travel Insurance and Any Items Not Mentioned
- Inner Bathing suit
- Quick Dry T-shirt
- Sun hat/Cap
- Sandals/Flip Flops
Things You Should Bring
- Sun block / Tan lotion Extra clothing
- Hat / Cap
- Swimming attire
- Sandals or Slippers
- Extra set of clothing
Things You Should Know
- Your safety is our top priority. Should the weather or sea conditions render it unsafe to proceed for this tour, Amazing Borneo Tours reserves the right to change or cancel tour. Tour will be refunded accordingly.
- Jelly bugs are common in the waters but they are usually harmless and it will just cause some slight itch.
- Lockers are available for rent on the pontoon @ MYR 5 per unit subject to availability.
- Please do not bring valuables for all island tours.
- Sea Walking Activity – Scuba Walker with Helmet is suitable for non-swimmers and persons aged over 10 years. It also depends on your body size (shoulder width) if you are able to fit the 25kg helmet. Should you not be able to proceed for the sea walking activity, no refund will be made as this is a complimentary activity.
- You are advised to bring enough cash for your sea sport activities. Pricing guidelines as displayed below.