Overview of Tour
Borneo KellyBays is an exotic water paradise like no other, which located at Kampung Laya-Laya Tuaran, it is just only a 40-minutes’ drive from Kota Kinabalu to the private jetty, you may experience an uniquely built ferry which is just like in a “Floating Pondok” ferries or we called it “Atap Roof” across the mangrove river and accompanying by the creaking sounds of insects. Borneo Kellybays, the Borneo’s Mystical Paradise is located within a mangrove forest with a beach that stretches 8 km long overlooking the South China Sea and yet to be discovered by the local Sabahans.
KellyBays has a lots to offer whether you enjoy the adrenaline rushing water sports of riding on a banana boat and kayaking in a mangrove river or prefer relaxing in a hammock and splashing in a sparkling blue water of South China Sea. Visitors can also indulge in delicious cool deserts in a shaded area and visitors can try on their hand in batik painting, traditional blow-pipe darts, beach volley ball, picnics, crab catching just to name a few. This is where you will have a feelings of total getaway from hassle of the city life as this is a unique double opportunities. Borneo KellyBays is an ideal getaway for families, associations, schools and corporate outings and even overnight camping with necessary amenities provided
Be it at the river or at the sea, here are things you can do at KellyBays:-
1. Do not miss any water sport activities while you can play it countless time when the said activities are FREE!
2. A relaxing experience for your Body & Soul, indulge yourself with traditional Thai body or foot massage by the sea, listen to the natural of sounds where the waves comes and go where it can digest our autonomic nervous systems.
3. If you thinking of quietly to re-charge our body and mind, you can choose to sunbathe at the beach. Indulge yourself in the embrace of nature and listen to the sound of the waves.
4. There is nothing quite like a hearty buffet lunch at the riverside as KellyBays offers local Malaysian cuisine buffet and dancers will perform their dancing music shows (with traditional local instruments which are not found anywhere else!) to define a day. Not forgetting an afternoon tea (roti canai & teh tarik) for everyone too.
5. The Island also provides tattoo services for everyone. Additional fees will be charged for your selected pattern/design of the tattoo. The tattoo painting is an extract from pure natural plants and will fade away after a few days.
6. Borneo’s Kelly Bay has a fascinating sky (depending on the weather of the day) though sometimes didn’t have blue sky in the afternoon, but offers very pleasing soft light. This definitely you going to be very relaxed and had lot of fun. Its unique beauty, attracting many young couples to come to the wedding photos, this is how they preserving the memory of loved ones!
7. After returning from the sea, you can choose to rest in the woods on the shore or take a nap on the hammock and enjoy the gentle sea breeze.
- Pick up from hotel lobby and depart to jetty.
- Take the short mangrove cruise to Borneo Kellybays which departs at 1030hrs. Upon arrival, you are free and easy to explore Kellybays and the many adventure activities that are available or simply relax by the beach and soak in the warm tropical sun.
- Enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch in the shade.
- Continue your fun adventures in this water paradise. Sunset hi-tea will be served.
- In the late evening, board the wooden house-like cruise back to mainland. Along the way, check the floating fishing nets for crabs or observe the little unique crabs that come out onto the mudbanks at low tide.
- Take the transfer back to your hotel.
Lunch / Hi-tea
Unlimited Water Sports (Banana Boat + Kayak + Body Boat)
Hotel Pickup/Drop Off
Pick Up Time: 1100 hrs
Drop Off Time: 1800 hrs
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
About The Location
Whether you enjoy the adrenaline rushing water sports of riding on a banana boat and kayaking in a mangrove river or prefer relaxing in a hammock and splashing in the sparkling blue waters of South China Sea, Borneo Kellybays can offer you this and more! Visitors can also indulge in delicious cool desserts in the shaded lounge area, try their hand in batik painting, or test their sharpshooter talent with the traditional blowpipe darts.
- Beach Picnics
- Beach Volley Ball
- Mangrove Kayaking
- Mangrove Cruise
- Crab catching
- Banana Boat Ride
- Batik Painting
- Blowpipe Dart shooting
- Meals: 01 Buffet Lunch, Hi-Tea & Drinking Water
- Includes: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), 2-Way Boat Transfer, Meals as Stated, and English Speaking Guide
- Excludes: Tipping (Optional), Alcoholic Drinks, Personal Expenses, Any Items Not Mentioned.
Things You Should Bring
- Sun block / Tan lotion
- Hat / Cap
- Swimming attire
- Sandals or Slippers
Things You Should Know
- You are advised to bring some cash as the cafe offers a variety of cooling desserts and fruit juices and alcoholic drinks for sale.
- There are lockers available at Borneo Kellybays, with a fee of MYR 10/locker. You can keep your valuables safely there while doing water sports.
- There is a lifeguard station that oversees the sea activities at the beach. However, please be responsible for your own safety when participating in any water sports.