Overview of Tour :
Sandakan (Malaysian pronunciation: [ˈsan daˈkan], Jawi: سنداکن, Chinese: 山打根; pinyin: Shāndǎgēn; Jyutping: saan1 daa2 gan1) formerly known at various times as Elopura, is the capital of the Sandakan District in Sabah, Malaysia. It is the second largest town in Sabah after Kota Kinabalu. It is located on the Sandakan Peninsula and east coast of the state in the administrative centre of Sandakan Division and was the former capital of British North Borneo.
Day 1 : AIRPORT PICK UP – SIM SIM WATER VILLAGE – DINNER
- Our guide and driver will be waiting at Sandakan Airport for your arrival. After pick up from airport, we will depart to Sim Sim Water Village to have a good view of the water village in the evening. We will have our dinner at one of the famous seafood restaurant. Finishing dinner, we will depart to hotel.
Day 2 : SEPILOK ORANGUTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE-SANDAKAN RAINFOREST DISCOVERY CENTRE-SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE
- Early morning after breakfast, please gather at the lobby according to the time given. Today, we will visit our famous location; Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, Sandakan Rainforest Discovery Centre (RDC) and Sun Bear Conservation Centre. Orangutan, Proboscis Monkey and Sun Bear are our precious wildlife. When you are in Sandakan,these three destinations is a must to visit. We will have a simple lunch near Orangutan Rehabilitation. After finish the 3 locations, we will have a great dinner at one of the seafood restaurant near the town. After dinner, we will go back to our hotel.
Day 3 : LABUK BAY PROBOSCIS MONKEY SANCTUARY-SANDAKAN FOOD AND HISTORICAL TRAIL (AGNES KEITH HOUSE, ST.MICHAEL ‘S AND ALL ANGELS CHURCH)
- Today will be a fun day to explore; we will first visit Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, after that let’s try and enjoy some of our local street food with your own expenses as our last day at Sandakan. Sandakan is famous for some delicious pastries and local foods, be prepared to fill up your stomach. As for our historical trail, there are Agnes Keith House and St. Michael’s and All Angels Church.
Day 4 : AIRPORT
- We will safely drive you to airport. We are hoping you are enjoyed. See you again and safe trip home.
SIM SIM WATER VILLAGE
SEPILOK ORANGUTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE
SANDAKAN RAINFOREST DISCOVERY CENTRE
SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE
LABUK BAY PROBOSCIS MONKEY SANCTUARY
AGNES KEITH HOUSE
ST.MICHAEL ‘S AND ALL ANGELS CHURCH
Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Pick Up Time: Airport arrival
Drop Off Time: 3 hours before Airport Departure
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Meals: 03 Breakfast, 01 Lunches & 03 Dinner
- Include: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Meals as Stated, English/Chinese Speaking Guide, Entrance Fees to SEPILOK ORANGUTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE,SANDAKAN RAINFOREST DISCOVERY CENTRE,SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE,LABUK BAY PROBOSCIS MONKEY SANCTUARY.
- Accommodation: 03 Night 3 star hotel (Twin/Triple Share)
- Exclusion: Tipping (Optional), Beverages, Personal Travel Insurance and Any Items Not Mentioned
- Optional Tours: Please consult your sales consultant for any amendment charges.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat / Cap
- Cooling T-shrt/Pants
Things You Should Bring
- Comfortable walking shoe
- Extra Clothing
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Warm jacket
- Insect repellent
Things You Should Know
- Expect more crowds then usual during the weekends and public holidays, as it is also a popular getaway for locals.
- Do not try to feed the animal.