Overview of Tour :
Sandakan formerly known at various times as Elopura, is the capital of the Sandakan District in Sabah, Malaysia. It is the second largest town in Sabah after Kota Kinabalu. It is located on the Sandakan Peninsula and east coast of the state in the administrative centre of Sandakan Division and was the former capital of British North Borneo. This town is full of flora and fauna which only can be found in Borneo. When you are in Sandakan, you must not miss to stay a night at Bilit and join the river cruise where you can feel and see the nature around Kinabatangan River.
Day 1 : AIRPORT PICK UP – SIM SIM WATER VILLAGE – DINNER
- Our guide and driver will be waiting at Sandakan Airport for your arrival. After pick up from airport, we will depart to Sim Sim Water Village to have a good view of the water village in the evening. We will have our dinner at one of the famous seafood restaurant. Finishing dinner, we will depart to hotel..
Day 2 : SEPILOK ORANGUTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE-SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE – LABUK BAY PROBOSCIS MONKEY SANCTUARY
- Early morning after breakfast, please gather at the lobby according to the time given. Today, we will visit our famous location; Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary and Sun Bear Conservation Centre. Orangutan, Proboscis Monkey and Sun Bear are our precious wildlife. When you are in Sandakan,these three destinations is a must to visit. We will have a simple lunch near Orangutan Rehabilitation. After finish the 3 locations, we will have a great dinner at one of the seafood restaurant near the town. After dinner, we will go back to our hotel.
Day 3 : HISTORICAL TRAIL (AGNES KEITH HOUSE, ST.MICHAEL ‘S AND ALL ANGELS CHURCH) – BILIT EVENING RIVERCRUISE
- Today is the day of our historical trail; there are Agnes Keith House and St. Michael’s and All Angels Church. Our guide will introduce and tell you a bit more about history of Sandakan during World War II. End of the historical tour, we will proceed to Bilit, we will stay at one of the Bilit’s lodge for a night. Reaching Bilit, we will have a small tea break. At 4.30pm, we will have our evening cruise. Be prepare and ready to explore, if you are lucky, you might see a lot of wildlife such as proboscis monkey, orang utan, crocodile, kingfisher, hornbill, long tail macaque and etc. if you have binocular or camera, please do ready, you might not want to miss the chance to take such a wonderful view at bilit. After end of the cruise, we will get back to our lodge and have dinner ready at 7pm. If you are interested to join optional tour for night walk you may register early with the tour guide, the fee will be notify by the guide.
Day 4 : BILIT MORNING CRUISE – SANDAKAN FOOD TRAIL – AIRPORT
- Wake up early in the morning, we will ride on our long boat and have our morning cruise. Get ready to be surprise for some new members in the forest which different from last night cruise. You might see different kinds of birds such as hornbill. After the end of the cruise, you may go back to your room and pack your belonging. We will leave bilit after finished the breakfast. Today will be a fun day to explore; we will first visit, after that let’s try and enjoy some of our local street food with your own expenses as our last day at Sandakan. Sandakan is famous for some delicious pastries and local foods, be prepared to fill up your stomach. We will safely drive you to airport. We are hoping you are enjoyed. See you again and safe trip home.
SIM SIM WATER VILLAGE
SEPILOK ORANGUTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE
SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE
LABUK BAY PROBOSCIS MONKEY SANCTUARY
AGNES KEITH HOUSE
ST.MICHAEL ‘S AND ALL ANGELS CHURCH
EVENING & MORNING CRUISE
Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Pick Up Time: Airport arrival
Drop Off Time: 3 hours before Airport Departure
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Meals: 03 Breakfast, 02 Lunches & 03 Dinner
- Include: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Meals as Stated, English/Chinese Speaking Guide, Entrance Fees to SEPILOK ORANGUTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE,SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE,LABUK BAY PROBOSCIS MONKEY SANCTUARY.
- Accommodation: 02 Night 3 star hotel (Twin/Triple Share) AND 1 Night Lodge at Bilit
- Exclusion: Tipping (Optional), Beverages, Personal Travel Insurance and Any Items Not Mentioned
- Optional Tours: Please consult your sales consultant for any amendment charges.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat / Cap
- Cooling T-shrt/Pants
Things You Should Bring
- Comfortable walking shoe
- Extra Clothing
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Warm jacket
- Insect repellent
Things You Should Know
- Expect more crowds then usual during the weekends and public holidays, as it is also a popular getaway for locals.
- Do not try to feed the animal.