Overview of Tour
Poring Ranau in a nut-shell is a natural complex offering a small slice of jungles, suspended canopy walks, hot springs and Butterfly parks. And Kinabalu Park, a living breathing museum of natural wonders, including botanical gardens and breezy nature trails. So, get ready for a day of adventure and a night spent nestled in nature’s luxurious lap!
Day 1 – KOTA KINABALU / NABALU / PORING HOT SPRINGS / TREETOP CANOPY WALK / KUNDASANG
- 1 ½ hour of scenic drives through picturesque landscapes of mountainous roads that wind along the Crocker range. Along the way stop by Nabalu Market, where the native residents gather to sell local produce such as hand-crafted souvenirs, home-grown vegetables and fruits. Mingle with the locals and don’t forget to capture some good shots of Mount Kinabalu from the viewing platform!
- Soon after, depart for another interesting wonder, the Poring Hot Spring, where lunch will be served at Poring Hot Springs Restaurant. Next up, a magnificent view of the rainforest. The canopy walk, suspended 43 meters above the lush tropical jungle of Borneo holds a length of 157 meters that will give you plenty of time to take in all the beauty it has to offer. A 30 minute hike is all it takes to witness the natural wonder.
- After which, you may just take a dip in the open air Japanese styled bathtub which the natural hot sulphuric minerals is believed to have therapeutic effects to soak away the sores and aches of your muscles.
- After a relaxing soak, transfer to Kundasang and check into a mountain resort. You are free to explore the resort at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the Kinabalu Pine Resort.
- Dinner at Kinabalu Pine Resort
Day 2 – KUNDASANG / KINABALU PARK / KOTA KINABALU
- Rise with the sun and appreciate the imposing beauty of Mount Kinabalu before your eyes. After breakfast, check out and proceed to Kinabalu Park.
- Enjoy the breeze as you get to know the blossoms of Borneo along the trails of the Botanical Garden. If the day is clear, you may even spot a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain between the New Guinea and Himalaya. Kinabalu Park boasts an estimate of 4,500 species of plants which include 1,500 species of orchids, 77 of which are endemic to Kinabalu. The park also supports a whopping 289 species of birds and 290 different types of butterflies.
- Explore the rest of Kinabalu Park by going down some nature trails. Lunch will be at the restaurant in Pine Resort. Afterwards hotel in Kota Kinabalu City.
Breakfast / Lunch
Nabalu Handicraft Market
UNESCO World Heritage Site – Kinabalu National Park
Witness the Majestic Sight of Mount Kinabalu
Botanical Gardens Nature Trail
Canopy Treetop Walk
Poring Hot Spring
Overnight Kinabalu Pine Resort
Hotel Pickup / Drop Off
Pick Up Time: Between 0915 hrs – 0930 hrs
Drop Off Time: 1500 hrs
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
About The Location
Kinabalu National Park is Malaysia first World Heritage Site designated by UNESCO for its outstanding universal values and the role as one of the most important biological site in the world.
- Overnight experience in nature, 1500m above sea level
- Cooling night temperatures of between 16°C to 20°C
- Unique Itinerary (Innovatively customised from our team of experienced tour guides)
- Each Person receives a World Heritage Site Certificate
- Entrance Fees to Butterfly Farm
- Lunch at Poring Hot Springs
- Lunch at Kinabalu Park
- Meals: 01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches & 01 Dinner
- Include: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Meals as Stated, English/Chinese Speaking Guide, Entrance Fees to Kinabalu Park, Poring Hot Spring & Canopy Walk, 01 Night Accommodation
- Accommodation: 01 Night Kinabalu Pine Resort (Twin/Triple Share)
- Exclusion: Tipping (Optional), Beverages, Personal Travel Insurance and Any Items Not Mentioned
- Optional Tours: Choice to add-on additional tours or revise itinerary to include Desa Cow Farm, Kundasang War Memorial, Fish Spa, Sabah Tea Garden, Kundasang Vegetables Market etc. Please consult your sales consultant for any amendment charges.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat / Cap
- Cooling T-shrt/Pants
Things You Should Bring
- Comfortable walking shoe
- Extra Clothing
- Bathing suit for soaking in the poring hot spring
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Warm jacket
- Insect repellent
Things You Should Know
- Kinabalu Park is at high altitude approximately 1500 meter above sea level, it can get cold.
- The Canopy Walkway is approximately 60 meter above the ground, not for the faint Heart.
- Poring Hot Spring Outdoor bathtubs are for complimentary use and are free of charge. Guests can rent Indoor bathtubs but at own expense.
- There are only ten (10) standard and five (05) deluxe Indoor Bathubs at Poring Hot Spring. Rates are at MYR 15/- per hour per standard indoor bathtub and MYR 20/- per hour per deluxe indoor bathtub payable on the spot but are subject to availability.
- Expect more crowds then usual during the weekends and public holidays, as it is also a popular getaway for locals.
- Butterfly Farm located in Poring Hot Springs is closed on every Mondays.
- The Slide Pool located in Poring Hot Springs is closed on every Mondays for maintenance. Guests are able to purchase the entrance fee (at own expense) to Slide Pool for MYR 3/- per person. Free for 6 years old and below.